Among the challenges we have tackled for our clients in recent years are:
- Consulting with our pension clients. The chaos in the investment markets, combined with the revenue losses from the recession, has made the road ahead more difficult. Changes in the pension laws have made it more complex. We have worked with all of our clients to help them navigate through these troubled times and make the right decisions for today and for the future.
- OPEB and GASB Statement No. 45. OPEB, or Other Postemployment Benefit Plans. For years, employers have granted postretirement medical benefits to their retired employees, without confronting the future cost of providing these benefits. We have helped employers understand the cost of their commitments and encouraged prefunding of OPEB benefits.
- Compliance with State and Federal Law. This is more than just making sure your plans follow the rules. We pride ourselves in recognizing opportunities to help improve your plan.
- Labor Negotiations. We are always there to help our clients during collective bargaining, including preparation of actuarial studies, analysis of the costs of pension and non-pension proposals, and expert testimony.
- County pension plans. Our unique approach has helped us improve the way Counties value and fund their pension plan and we are already considered leaders in this field.
- Employee Communications. We have helped employees better understand their benefits through redesign of annual participant statements and Summary Plan Descriptions, as well as conducting employee meetings to explain plan benefits and the plan’s funding status.